Contents of This Page
Known Anomalies (things that need a little extra help)
- Main Page gets "Stuck" on "Start Session"
- Drag and Drop - "Drag Clone" is not next to the cursor
- Drag and Drop - Jerky or Halting
- Drag and Drop on MacOS - no "Drag Clone
- Activity: Capture Proposed Changes
- Map Part Arrow Labels - Extra Vertical Space
- Multiple Logins
- Removing Evaluations from Proposed Changes, and
Removing Proposed Changes from Action Items
- Copying or Moving Items under Proposed Changes or
Action Items when there is no place to copy or move them to.
- Editing Evaluations or Proposed Changes that have copies
- Some List Row "Move" menu items appear when there is no place to move to
- Main Page Menu Item Pop-ups Do Not Appear
- Import Map and Plan Area: Discussion items lose User OnlineID
- Map Part Selection/Highlight during Plan Activities
- Archiving a Map and Plan Area that is in the open session
- PowerPoint text labels overflow their graphics
This page is for ActionMap staff to report things that we are aware of that might be broken, confusing and/or annoying, and to provide workarounds where possible.
These do not include minor bugs that may not be noticed and that we expect to fix soon.
Very rarely the application can get "stuck" with a Main Page activity that shows "Start Session" at the top of the page.
F5, or the "Update" button will not change this status.
The fix is to go through the steps in the image below.
1. Click on the Main Page Main Menu
2. Select Work Products
3. Select "Select Existing Map from Map and Plan Area
4. This creates a new Map and Plan Area
5. Then re-open the Main Page Main Menu, select Work Products, and select "Select an Existing Map and Plan Area from the Current Session". Select the Map and Plan Area that you were previously working on. That allows you to continue working on that Map and Plan Area
6. Later, if you wish, you can delete the "Temp" Map and Plan Area that was created in step 3, using the Work Product Management page.
Fix status: this happens so rarely that we are waiting for additional use cases to be able to understand, diagnose and repair it.
The "drag clone" is the map part shape that move across the map panel with the cursor when you do a map part drag. The drag clone is sometimes not right next to the cursor.
In every case, the drag still works; the drop point is determined by the cursor position.
1) If the drag close is displaced slightly, try closing any "download" panels at the bottom of the Chrome window.
2) If you change screen resolutions, you must press F5 or do a page reload to re-align the drag clone with the cursor.
3) If your screen resolution is 1600x900 with 125% screen size increase (in Windows), the drag clone will position away from the cursor. Fix date: TBD.
If Drag and Drop motions seem jerky or halting, expand the browser window to full size, and click on the "Update" button (circle arrow in the upper right corner of the Main Page).
If that does not work then again make the browser window full size, then hold down the Control key on your keyboard and press F5.
If that does not work then please submit a support ticket.
Drag and Drop includes the use of a "Drag Clone" which is a little graphic symbol close to the cursor that indicates the shape that is being dragged.
Drag and Drop on MacOS works, however, if the screen resolution is higher than 1920x1080, the "Drag Clone" will not appear.
The "Drop" position is indicated by the cursor and the areas highlighted in yellow as the cursor passes over them.
To change the screen resolution in MacOS please see this link:
Fix Date: TBD
In the Activity transition TO "Capture Comments on Proposed Changes", if no Proposed Changes have been created in "Capture Proposed Changes", then the List will be blank (because the High Priority Evaluations will only show UNDER Proposed Changes at that point. Fix Date: TBD
Map arrow labels sometimes have an extra vertical space that does not appear to be needed. This is purely cosmetic, and we are looking for feedback about how distracting this is during actual use.
The Subscription License says that a user should be able to login a subscription from only browser tab at a time (including multiple window and browser products). As of 5/31/18 this has not been technically enforced. We plan to add that technical enforcement.
If an Evaluation is removed from a Proposed Change, or a Proposed Change is removed from an Action Item, the removed item is sent to the bottom of the List, and the List scrolls to and highlights that item. Instead, the List should not scroll or highlight. Fix date TBD.
Copying or Moving Items under Proposed Changes or
Action Items when their is no place to copy or move them to.
When there is only on Proposed Change or one Action Item, and you click on a subordinate Evaluation or Proposed Change, the row menu offers a "Copy To" option. However, there is no place to copy it to. The menu should be edited in that case. Fix date TBD.
If you edit the Main Text of an Evaluation or Proposed Change exists elsewhere as a copy, the Main Text in the copy is not changed. It updates when you hit the "update" button. Fix date TBD.
If you select such a move, and then select a "move to" location, there is no apparent way to end the operation. In that case hitting the Escape key (ESC) on the keyboard will reset the operation.
If Main Page Main Menu item pop-ups do not appear, click on the Activity Menu, then Select Any Activity. You can then close that menu; the problem will be cleared and the other menu items will then work. Fix Priority: High (5/31/18)
If you export and re-import a Map and Plan Area that has Discussion items, the User OnlineID for the Discussion items will show as "....". The fix is to store the full User OnlineID with the Discussion items. Fix TBD.
Map Parts can be clicked on during Plan activities, causing the Map Parts to be highlighted. This has no meaning. Fix TDB. Workaround: ignore.
If you archive a Map and Plan Area (MPA) that is the currently selected MPA in the current Open session, it will not stop the use of that MPA in that Session. So, the message that appears when you archive a Map and Plan Area is incorrect in that respect. Schedule TBD. Workaround: just take notice, it has no effect on normal operations.
On the PowerPoint export of Maps, if the graphic part label is too long, it will overflow the graphic, and may intersect other graphic labels. While it is possible to truncate the graphic label text, we made a decision to leave the graphic label text at full length, and let you edit it in PowerPoint. This leaves the information intact, where it can be edited and/or the graphics moved or resized.
Status: waiting for user feedback.
Suggested Next Page
To report other bugs, issues, concerns, etc., please use this forum topic.
To add or view comments about this page please go to the forum post at this link.