This site can be use for free training in the ActionMap Toolkit method. Here's how:
First, check out the basic self-training instructions at this page:
Map that Job!- Home
- 100% free, no obligation, no need for follow-ons
- We want you to have the value of the method!
- Detailed instructions on one page, with examples
- Just takes pencil and paper, simple skills and what you already know
- One hour to start, a few hours to be proficient
Then, for more detailed free training, take a look at the following two options:
What does it mean to have training in the method?
The method was developed through hundreds of uses in live meetings on flip charts. It has been used many, many times on paper, whiteboards and office automation tools (PowerPoint and Excel, or similar).
We have converted the method to run in software.
At the same time, the method can still be used on flip charts, whiteboards and so on. And in some situations, those are the best media to use. For example, in a quick ad hoc conversation.
The software has several useful functions beyond what you can do manually, including:
- Leads you through a path of activities
- Provides step by step instructions
- Speeds up information capture
- Provides automatic graphic positioning
- Publishes the results to PowerPoint and Excel
- Stores the results
- Exports and imports the results
- Copies and edits the results
However, you can still get a great deal of benefit from using the method outside the software. You simply do those functions of the software yourself, just like we did before we built the software.
The method will be the same, and the benefits of using the method will be the same; only the media will be different.
How can I get more detailed free training?
There are two levels of additional detailed free training.
In either case, if you want to get the benefit of the additional training, it is important to read and follow the method instructions closely. Once you learn it, it's simple. Until then, read and follow carefully.
First, sign up for additional free training by submitting your name and email address at this site: https://actionmap.com/free-training-signup/
However, for a limited time, no registration is required, so read on!
- Follow the training for using the software provided on this site.
- Instead of using the software, perform the steps that you see in the instructions on paper and pencil.
- Guidelines for using the method on other media are provided here.
- After you get comfortable with paper and pencil, then use the method with PowerPoint and Excel (or similar tools).
The training for using the software starts here.
Level 2: Same as level 1, plus:
- You sign up for a 14-day free trial of the software (requires a credit card for identification; no billing during the free trial.)
- 14 days is ample time to gain skill in using the method.
- The signup page for the software is here.
- Go through the complete training for using the software.
- The initial training takes about an hour.
- Confidence in using the software can be achieved in a few hours of use.
- Again, follow the guidelines for using the method with other media, which are provided here.
- Near the end of the 14-day free trial you will receive an email notice. At that time you can either cancel the subscription, or keep the subscription at the regular subscription price.
To add or view comments about this page please go to the forum post at this link.