Contents of This Page
Please note: a video overview of How to Use Stages and Activities is available at this link.
Select Activity to Perform / Go to Next Activity
- Select Activity to Perform
- How to Move Among the Main Cycle Activities
- Full Activities Menu
- Patterns in Moving Among Activities
The Main Cycle Activities in their "standard" sequence are described in detail on the "Group Session Activity Description" Help page. There is a complete outline of Activities at the top of that page. The full cycle of Activities is also described on the "Activities Quick Help" page.
▪ There are a few different ways to move among the Main Cycle Activities:
▪ Main Page Header Menu - Activities Menu
▪ Main Page Header Menu - "Activities" Item - Hover sub-menu
▪ Main Page Header "Activity Menu" Button
▪ Main Page Header - "Go To Next Activity" Button
▪ Full Activities Menu
▪ Each of these are described below.
The standard way that the Session moves from one Activity to another is that the Operator presses the "Go To Next Activity" button on the Main Page Header.
▪ This will take the Session through the entire Main Cycle in the standard Activity sequence.
In a few cases the "Go To Next Activity" button will produce a short list of choices.
▪ Skipping most of the "start Map" steps and going directly to mapping
▪ Skipping the "part type by part type" mapping sub-sequence, and going directly to "Add/Edit/Comment on Any Map Part"
▪ Deciding whether to use Batch Priority Capture for Evaluations
▪ Deciding whether to use Batch Priority Capture for Proposed Change Actions
The operator can select from any of these choices.
The choice will be based on the nature of the Session.
The operator can solicit input from participants.
At any point in time the operator can open the full Activity menu and select any Activity.
Any data entered up to that point in any Activity will be saved and can be re-displayed by going back to that Activity.
▪ A Session may be part way into the "Organize Action Items" Activity when the group realizes they need to add something to a process Map.
▪ The operator then selects the "Add/Edit/Comment on Any Map Part" Activity.
▪ After adding and editing Map Parts, the group can then move forward through the Main Cycle, capturing Evaluations, Priorities, Priority Cutoffs and Proposed Change Actions until they get back to "Organize Action Items".
Suggested Next Pages
To add or view comments about this article please go to the forum post at this link.